Stress is inevitable considering the fast-paced world we live in and our hectic lifestyles.The best thing we can do is to educate ourselves more about the symptoms of stress and the ways to avoid it.
What are the Symptoms of Stress?
Symptoms of stress are categorised into two parts, Emotional symptoms and physical symptoms.
Below are some common symptoms of stress:
- Becoming easily agitated, frustrated and moody :
- Feeling overwhelmed, like you are losing control or need to take contro
- Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
- Not feeling Happy for anything
- Feeling bad about yourself (low self-esteem), lonely, worthless and depressed
- Avoiding others or being unsocial.
- Low energy and Insomnia
Basically, What is Stress?
The human body goes into the mode of stress when it notices anything dangerous or alarming. Stress is common part of life, life without considerable amount of stress is also boring.
However,having stress more than what body can handle is very harmful.It might lead to various health problems. You can get stressed by seeing at the events that unfolded near your environment, for example you might have seen any accident or trauma, by your body or by your thoughts.
Like any other health problem stress also have certain symptoms, which indicate that you are stressed!
What are the effects of stress on the body?
Stress can cause serious damage to health if not diagnosed and treated on time, such as:
- Sexual dysfunction, such as impotence and premature ejaculation in men and loss of sexual desire in both men and women
- Skin and hair problems, such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema, and permanent hair loss
- Gastrointestinal problems, such as GERD, gastritis, ulcerative colitis, and irritable colon
- Mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, and personality disorders
- Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, heart attacks, and stroke
- Obesity and other eating disorders
- Menstrual problems